Colliers International is actively seeking a Senior Project Manager and a Project Manager to join our rapidly growing Project Management Team serving the Newark. NJ region. In May, Colliers expanded its NYC Team with the addition of Gorton & Partners, a successful project management firm. If you are an experienced professional seeking a new challenge in an exciting environment, this may be the right moment to join our highly respected team as we elevate our presence in this dynamic market. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for project management/owner’s representation services and the full life cycle management of multiple multi-discipline new build, interiors and facilities/infrastructure projects.
Candidates must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the project management process and roles of each team member, advanced knowledge of the design process practiced by the architecture, engineering and other consultants, and a thorough understanding of the construction process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the process of establishing the development goals and objectives for the Project with Ownership and project team
- Managing the process and ensure the clients’ goals and objectives are being addressed and met within the financial and schedule parameters for multiple stakeholders
- Identifying, assessing, and mitigating issues related to scheduling, logistics, sequencing, cost, quality and progress. Negotiating claims and change orders.
- Reviewing and evaluating project related materials such as project descriptions, drawings and specifications, budgets, schedules, contracts, and proposals for services prepared by others.
- Reviewing construction documents on a regular basis for conformance to project goals, value engineering and constructability.
- Developing project related documents such as monthly reports, budgets, schedules, presentations, minutes, insurance tracking logs, etc. Reviewing documents prepared by internal team members for accuracy and reporting purposes.
- Assembling and leading project teams to meet project goals and objectives
- Visiting project site as required and assess construction sequencing, quality, cost, and progress.
- Additional responsibilities will include managing preparation of bid specifications, procuring material and services, and other matters relating to construction, contractor and vendor performance, labor relations, safety, quality control, permitting and licensing, outage planning, scope change control, environmental compliance, public relations, progress reporting, cash flows, execution and closeout reporting.
- SPM role: Directing, Managing and Mentoring other Project Management staff that are assigned to your project team or are placed under your supervision and responsibility
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- PM role: 5 -7 years of Project Management experience on projects preferably in the building design / construction, architecture, and/or engineering field
- SPM role: 8+ years of Project Management experience on projects valued at $2 million or larger in the building design / construction, architecture, and/or engineering field
- Experience with New build, Renovation and Retrofit Commercial Office, Critical Facilities or related Infrastructure construction projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage various tasks, schedules, and deliverables
- Proven track record with Project Management systems, tools, reporting, etc.
- Enthusiasm to promote and drive implementation of projects
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving skills, planning and organizing, decision-making
- Excellent communication skills, influencing and leading, facilitation and team work capabilities.
- Administrative and reporting skills to work independently and generate concise and accurate spreadsheets, narrative reports and correspondence.
- Superior presentation skills required for team meetings as well as board level presentations
Colliers International | Project Management Northeast has been a leading provider of professional management support services to clients for nearly two decades. We have partnered with institutions and organizations to create buildings that work and operate efficiently. We empower clients to get the facilities they need and the buildings they envision by delivering technical, analytical, and managerial support. In every engagement, our approach is proactive, pragmatic, and intensely collaborative.
Our team comprises virtually all the skill sets and professional backgrounds an organization might need to supplement its own capabilities and ensure the success of its building related endeavors. We are looking for leaders to join our dedicated team of professionals. We offer comprehensive benefits and a competitive compensation plan.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity of expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need special accommodation to access our offices, please call Human Resources at 860-395-0055 x185 for assistance.